- Management Role & Method of Compliance Activities
In accordance with the revised Korean Commercial Act, LG Chem, Ltd.("LG Chem") appointed a Compliance Officer at the Board of Directors Meeting held in April, 2012
and established the compliance standard required for the operation of the compliance program led by a Compliance Officer. The Compliance Officer supervises
compliance activities in accordance with the compliance standard by inspecting the compliance status of the company and its employees, implementing the improvement
measures for the existing company policies which may violate the relevant laws and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities of Compliance Officer / Team
Management Method of Compliance Activities
LG Chem has implemented an unique compliance activities management method - selecting an individual theme as a priority control target. This prioritize management method per theme enables the Team to evaluate the issues, establish the solution, and engage in intensive, in-depth improvement of individual risk.
Factors to Consider
- - Possibility of occurrence of an illegal activity
- - Effects on the company
- - Legal trends etc.
- Factors to Consider
- Check current work status, process
- Review document/data
- Conduct the interviews of relevant parties, etc.
- Establish improvement measures
- Support other departments
- Provide training
- Measure/Evaluate performance
- Provide additional support (if necessary)