- World-class materials company fully committed to R&D activities
LG Chem aims to reinforce the competitiveness of its core technologies, increase investment in the next-generation materials and technologies,
and develop new growth engines for the future to maintain its position as a world-leader in R&D among materials companies.
We also try to pursue harmonious long-term growth in the environment, society, and economy by developing environmentally-friendly technology and products.
- Corporate R&D Center
Basic Materials & Chemicals
- Basic Materials & Chemicals R&D Center
- Tech Center
- Battery R&D Center
- Mobile Battery Development Center
- IT&New Application Battery Development Center
- Energy Storage System Development Center
- IT&E Materials R&D Center
- Advanced Materials R&D Center
- OLED Development Center
- Rechargeable Battery Materials Development Center
- Life Sciences R&D Center
R&D Expense / Workforce
LG Chem makes full investment for the future by continuously expanding R&D Expense and increasing R&D Workforce.
(unit: 100 million KRW)
Intellectual Property Rights Status
As of October, 2014, LG Chem holds approximately 25,000 intellectual property rights.
(Number of Holding) *As of Oct. 2014
|new growth engines||6,000|