- Cutting-edge technologies with industry-leading competitiveness
In the rechargeable battery, lithium-ions move between cathode and anode to produce
electricity. The battery is used for a variety of devices such as smartphones and
laptops. In 1999, LG Chem succeeded in developing a lithium-ion battery for the
first time in Korea. Since then, It has continued to increase its sales volume in the
battery market based on its competitive technologies and innovative product
IT & New Application Battery (Product)
IT & New Application Batteries manufactured by LG Chem including cylindrical, prismatic, and polymer models. They are provided in cells or battery packs depending on customers needs.
- FeatureHigh energy density / High output /
- ApplicationLaptop, powerbank, power tool, electric bicycle, electric motorcycle, vacuum cleaner, garden tool
- FeatureSlim / Various sizes and capacities
- ApplicationSmartphone, laptop, digital camera,
- FeatureThe slimmest / High energy density
Various sizes and shapes available
- ApplicationSmartphone, laptop, tablet, power tool,
powerbank, wearable devices
LG Chem has continued to develop innovative batteries with the cutting-edge technologies and will lead the future battery market.
Increase of the battery capacity by maximizing the space usage
Hexagon battery optimized for round shape smart devices
Flexible, bendable, and foldable wire battery for future wearable devices
Guidelines and Cautions
Warning for using the lithium ion rechargeable battery. Mishandling of the battery may cause heat, fire and deterioration in performance. Be sure to observe the following.
1. Cautions for Use and Handling
- ＊When using the application equipped with the battery, refer to the user’s manual before usage.
- ＊Please read the specific charger manual before charging.
- ＊Charge time should not be longer than specified in the manual.
- ＊When the cell is not charged after long exposure to the charger, discontinue charging.
- ＊Battery must be charged at operating temperature range 0 ~ 50℃.
- ＊Battery must be discharged at operating temperature range -20 ~ 75℃. (Cell Surface Temperature)
- ＊Please check the positive (+) and negative (-) direction before packing.
- ＊When a lead plate or wire is connected to the cell for packing, check out insulation not to short-circuit.
- ＊Battery must be stored separately.
- ＊Battery must be stored in a dry area with low temperature for long-term storage.
- ＊Do not place the battery in direct sunlight or heat.
- ＊Do not use the battery in high static energy environment where the protection device can be damaged.
- ＊When rust or smell is detected on first use, please return the product to the seller immediately.
- ＊The battery must be away from children or pets
- ＊When cell life span shortens after long usage, please exchange to new cells.
- ＊Do insulate between the metal plate and cell or other components not to make a electrical short.
- ＊The cells should be handled and used in Pack/System manufacturing companies only.
- ＊The cells should be sold only to Battery Pack Maker(s) or System Integrator(s). The cells should not be handled by individual consumers and should not be sold to individual consumers by individual markets. (especially, the cells are strictly prohibited to be used for any kinds of E-cigarette devices)
- ＊Be sure to request and confirm the most current product specifications in advance which explain the specifications in detail, before the final stage of your design, purchasing or use for any application.
- ＊Do not use different charger. Do not use cigarette jacks (in cars) for charging.
- ＊Do not charge with constant current more than maximum charge current.
- ＊Do not disassemble or reconstruct the battery.
- ＊Do not throw or cause impact.
- ＊Do not pierce a hole in the battery with sharp things. (such as nail, knife, pencil, drill)
- ＊Do not use with other batteries or cells.
- ＊Do not solder on battery directly.
- ＊Do not press the battery with overload in manufacturing process, especially ultrasonic welding.
- ＊Do not use old and new cells together for packing.
- ＊Do not expose the battery to high heat. (such as fire)
- ＊Do not put the battery into a microwave or high pressure container.
- ＊Do not use the battery reversed.
- ＊Do not connect positive(+) and negative(-) with conductive materials (such as metal, wire)
- ＊Do not allow the battery to be immerged in or wetted with water or sea-water.
- ＊Do not give immoderate heat and force to battery cell during a welding process of metal plates on it.
3. Caution for the battery and the pack
Pack shall meet under condition to maintain battery safety and last long performance of the lithium rechargeable cells.
1) Installing the battery into the pack
- ＊The cell should be inspected visually before battery assembly into the pack.
- ＊Damaged cell should not be used. (damaged surface, can-distortion, electrolyte-smell)
- ＊Different Lot Number cells should not be packaged into the same pack.
- ＊Different types of cells, or same types but different cell maker’s should not be used together.
2) Design of battery pack
- ＊The battery pack should not be connected easily to any charger other than the dedicated charger.
- ＊The battery pack has function not to cause external short cut easily.
- ＊The design of battery pack and its structure should be reviewed physically, mechanically and electrically not to cause cell imbalance.
- ＊The battery pack for multiple cells should be designed to monitor the voltage of each bank.
- ＊Charging method is Constant Current-Constant Voltage (CC/CV).
- ＊Charging should be operating under maximum charge voltage and current which is specified in the product specification.
- ＊The battery should be charged under operating temperature specified in product specification.
- ＊Discharging method is Constant Current (CC).
- ＊Discharging should be operating under maximum discharge current which is specified in the product specification.
- ＊Discharging should be done by cut off voltage which is specified in the product specification.
- ＊The battery should be discharged under operating temperature specified in product specification.
5) Protection Circuit
- ＊The protection circuit should be installed in the battery pack, charger.
- ＊Charger or pack should have voltage sensing system to control over charge or discharge in order to maintain the battery’s normal operating mode and protect cell imbalance.
- ＊Charger or pack should have warning system for over temperature, over voltage and over current
- ＊When battery packs for any applications are assembled with cells, following functions must be designed into the battery packs and/or in the charger or charging adapter. The detailed levels, values, conditions for each following functions should be referring to the contents specified in this Product Specification. If one or more than one function is/are to be omitted, the Packer Company (and/or System integration company) must be informing to LG Chem’s or to LG Chem’s sales Agent company. Without informing to LGC, LGC will not be liable for any field quality issues happened due to exclusion of following functions.
- (1) Over voltage protection circuit
- (2) Under voltage protection circuit
- (3) Over Charge current protection circuit
- (4) Over Discharge current protection circuit
- (5) Short circuit protection
- (6) Over Temperature protection circuit
- (7) 2nd over voltage protection
- (8) FET failure protection (in case FET is out of order)
- (9) Cell imbalance protection circuit (only for battery packs assembled with more than one cell)
- (10) Cell Voltage balancing function (only for battery packs assembled with more than one cell)
- 1) Installing the battery into the pack
4. Safety Warning: e-Cigarettes, Vape Products & Li-Ion Battery Cells
Please click on the following link to read our warnings regarding e-Cigarettes, Vape Products and Li-Ion Battery Cells:http://www.lgchem.com/global/small-battery/warning-product
The warranty shall not cover defects caused by normal wear and tear, inadequate maintenance, handling, storage faulty repair, modification to the battery or pack by a third party other than LGC or LGC’s agent approved by LGC, failure to observe the product specification provided herein or improper use or installation, including but not limited to, the following:
- ＊Damage during transport or storage
- ＊Incorrect installation of battery into pack or maintenance
- ＊Use of battery or pack in inappropriate environment
- ＊Improper, inadequate, or incorrect charge, discharge or production circuit other than stipulated herein
- ＊Incorrect use or inappropriate use
- ＊Insufficient ventilation
- ＊Ignoring applicable safety warnings and instructions
- ＊Altering or attempted repairs by unauthorized personnel
- ＊In case of force majeure(ex. lightening, storm, flood, fire, earthquake, etc.)
- ＊There are no warranties-implied or express-other than those stipulated herein. LG Chem. shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect damages arising or in connection with the product specification, battery or pack.