Life Sciences is the company's new growth engine in the mid to long term goal. The company has secured the differentiated R&D competence and has received the U.S. FDA approval for its new drugs for the first time in Korea.
- We have secured competitive edge in the Red Bio market, based on our superior technologies and R&D capabilities.
- Based on our superior biotechnology and R&D capabilities accumulated since 1980s, we have been successful in developing a variety of original products including Korea's first growth hormone for children, new drugs for diabetes, etc. At the same time, we have continuously expanded our competitive edge through cooperation with global pharmaceutical companies.
- We have vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Through continuous research and development since 1990's, we have succeeded in domestically producing the recombinant vaccine for hepatitis B and the vaccine for Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib) for children for the first time in Korea. Based on these technologies, we are expanding our competitiveness in the global market. Our hepatitis B vaccine has been exported to about 80 countries, secured the biggest share in the bidding market for UN agencies, and acquired the PQ certification issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) for the first time in Korea. Moreover, our pentavalent combination vaccine has also acquired the PQ certification and has been selected as the major vaccine in the bidding market for UN agencies, strengthening our position as a global player.
- We have enhanced global competitiveness based on our superior technologies and production facilities.
- We have produced various fine chemicals based on our superior organic synthesis technologies and production facilities. For the first time in Korea, we developed new three protection products, that is, Pyribenzoxim, Flucetosulfuron and Ethaboxam, which are now exported to about 20 countries.