- Company Leading the Chemical Industry in Korea – LG Chem
- Having continued to grow over 7 decades since founded in 1947, LG Chem is literally the company leading the chemical industry in Korea. The company has built the global network for production, sales and R&D not only in Korea but also in main bases across the world and has provided globally competitive products including ABS, polarizers and EV battery cells, raising its global position as a material supplier. The company has strengthened market dominance starting from the Petrochemicals business to Energy Solution, Advanced Materials and has expanded its business into Life Science area, building a future-oriented business portfolio. In the long term, the company will build the foundation for sustainable growth by selecting and concentrating on the ‘energy’, ‘water’ and ‘bio’ businesses as the new growth engines. LG Chem is committed to becoming a global company that realizes the vision of “growing with customers by providing innovative materials and solutions” and provides new values to customers.
- NCC, PO, PVC / Plasticizers,
ABS, Acrylates / SAP,
Rubbers / Specialty Polymers
- LG Chem contributes to industrial development with various petrochemical products of the world-class quality.
In the Petrochemicals business, the company has built a vertically integrated system from the basic raw materials such as ethylene and propylene to the downstream products such as PE, ABS and synthetic rubber. The Petrochemicals business is LG Chem's core business area with the world-class productivity and cost competitiveness.
The company has advanced its business structure by focusing on the high-value added products such as nano-carbon tube, strengthening its competitiveness in the global market consistently.
- Energy Solutions
- IT & New Application Battery,
- LG Chem leads the future eco-friendly energy industry with the development of proprietary materials and next-generation battery cells.
LG Chem, which is the only chemistry-based company among global battery cell manufacturers, has led the world lithium-ion battery market by leveraging its proprietary material technologies.
Positioned as a global leader in the battery industry for EVs and Energy Storage Systems (ESS), the company has actively developed new products based on its proprietary technologies and has secured the battery production capacity as a global player to raise the dominance in the next-generation energy market.
- Advanced Materials
- Automotive Materials,
Rechargeable Battery Materials,
Water Treatment Materials
- LG Chem brings the future life forward with its Advanced Materials, to which its cutting edge technologies are applied.
Every since the company succeeded in commercializing polarizers for LCDs for the first time in Korea, LG Chem has increased its global competitiveness in the display and IT device material areas where cutting edge technologies are converged.
While securing the position of a global leader in the polarizer industry by improving the technological capability and developing differentiated products, the company has also focused on securing differentiated competence by venturing into new markets such as the water treatment business and the functional films.
- Life Sciences
- Pharmaceutical, Vaccine,
- LG Chem helps the people to lead a healthy life by strengthening its R&D competence in Life Sciences.
Life Sciences is the company's new growth engine in the mid to long term goal.
The company has secured the differentiated R&D competence and has received the U.S. FDA approval for its new drugs for the first time in Korea.
The company has actively penetrated into the overseas market and has expanded the pipelines for developing new drugs with active investment in R&D. The company is doing its best to become one of the best global pharmaceutical companies.